YouTube no Buffer (no autoplay)
Prevents YouTube HTML5 and Flash players from auto-buffering (auto-playing) videos
What is YouTube no Buffer (no autoplay)?
YouTube no Buffer (no autoplay) is a comprehensive Firefox extension designed to stop auto-buffering and auto-playing of videos in YouTube's HTML5 and Flash players. This helps to save precious bandwidth, limit simultaneous buffering of multiple tabs and enhances user control over YouTube's playback. Features support for "/watch?v=", "/user/", and "/channel/" pages among others. Note: the add-on does not aim to stop YouTube players from playing next tracks.
This extension stops YouTube HTML5 and Flash players from auto-buffering videos. Using this add-on (extension) you can save bandwidth and also prevent YouTube on multiple tabs from buffering media simultaneously.
You will have to click on the player to allow buffering of the media files. Once a player is buffered, it can play multiple tracks. There is no need to activate the player on each new track (so you can easily watch playlists for instance).
- Stop auto-playing on "/watch?v=" pages
- Stop auto-playing on "/user/" pages
- Stop auto-playing on "/channel/" pages
- Stop auto-playing on embedded YouTube players.
- Supports YouTube's new Material Design (as of version 0.2.2)
- As of version 0.2.4, this extension is compatible with YouTube's material design
- As of version 0.2.5, this extension is not working on the old non-material design
User reviews summary
- Prevents videos from auto-playing, helping pages to load faster
- User can activate video manually when ready resulting in smoother play
- Stops buffering until user manually starts the video
- Forces a page reload ignoring starting times in URLs
- Plays hidden videos on channel pages
- Prevents video playback on clips and content warned videos
- Interferes with posting comments on YouTube
- Does not stop auto-playing on certain YouTube pages
- Interferes with player UI
- Blocks display of information like submitter, channel, comments, and suggested videos
- No toolbar button for easy access
- Video playback issues
- Interference with YouTube functions and UI
- Fast page loading due to prevented auto-play and buffering
- Cannot post comments with extension enabled
YouTube no Buffer (no autoplay) may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing.
YouTube no Buffer (no autoplay) is probably trust-worthy. Prefer other publishers if available. Exercise caution when installing this add-on.