Extends the Medium writer interface to quickly create and edit Github Gists, without having to leave the editor. Adds a button in the text toolbar for creating a new Gist and adding it to the post. Double click on an existing Gist to edit it.
What is Code Medium?
Code Medium is a Firefox add-on that enhances the Medium writer interface by allowing users to easily create and edit Github Gists within the editor. It provides a button in the text toolbar for creating new Gists and supports syntax highlighting for popular programming languages. The add-on also enables editing and deletion of Gists directly from the editor, providing a seamless workflow for Medium writers.
- Adds a button in the text toolbar for creating a new Gist and adding it to the post.
- Gists can be created as either public or secret (unlisted).
- Double click on an existing Gist to edit or delete it.
- Deleting a gist will remove both the embed from the post and the gist from your account. To only remove the embed, just click on it and press the delete key as usual.
- Syntax highlighting for the most popular programming languages thanks to react-ace!
- Fixes the height of the Gists in the editor, to display them without being cut and without the extra padding (https://github.com/Maluen/code-medium/issues/3).
Authorizing the application
This extension uses the GitHub Gist API to create and edit gists, this means that you'll have to authorize the OAuth application for the "gist" permission.
Code Medium may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing.
Code Medium has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.