Improves webpage readability.
What is Font Contrast?
'Font Contrast' is a user-friendly Firefox add-on created to improve the readability of websites. With its capability to change light text to darker shades, enlarge small-sized fonts, and increase font boldness, users will find it easier to read web content. It also allows flexibility to set up website-specific options and is designed to be lightweight, not causing any browser bloat.
Free and open-source add-on created to combat the trend of unreadable website designs.
- Turn hard to read text to black (or a darker shade)
- Enlarge small fonts
- Increase font boldness
- Easy to toggle: click on the icon or press a shortcut (default F1)
- Address bar button to quickly set up website-specific options
- Very lightweight, does not bloat the browser
You can buy me a coffe at: https://coindrop.to/fushko
User reviews summary
- Improves readability of web text
- Options to customize for each website
- Blacklist and whitelist features
- Helpful for visually impaired users or users with eye conditions
- Saves from constant zooming in and out
- Icon is not visible on dark themes
- Not functional on some websites like Facebook and Google calendar
- Does not work well with other extensions that change website's styling
- Can be a bit complicated to set up
- Improves font contrast on web pages
- Option to increase text size
- The add-on icon is usually not visible on dark themes
- Possibility to whitelist or blacklist sites
Font Contrast is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install Font Contrast if you trust the publisher.
Font Contrast has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.