Gossip Site Blocker
Hide harmful sites from Google search results.
What is Gossip Site Blocker?
'Gossip Site Blocker' is a user-friendly Firefox add-on. It assists users in blocking specific harmful sites, accounts on social media platforms like Twitter, or even blocking content based on certain keywords from their Google search results. This versatile tool offers both soft and hard blocking features. To ensure user experience, it inhibits blocked content from being viewed even for a moment. This might cause a slight shift in the layout which can be adjusted by resizing the window. It can also block card type search results, news, and videos.
This is made as an alternative to Personal Blocklist.
- Blocks with arbitrary URLs (for example, on Twitter you can block by account)
- Blocks by keyword
- Control of hide(soft block) and erase(hard block)
- Prevent blocked sites from being seen even for a moment
- Card type search results, news, video can also be blocked
- Because we prevented it from being seen even for a moment, the layout will collapse somewhat. Resize the window to get back to original.
User reviews summary
- Blocks unwanted sites effectively
- Easy to use even for beginners
- Supports regular expressions for advanced users
- Sometimes the blocking function doesn't work or it incorrectly blocks sites not on the list
- The UI can be confusing and could benefit from a more intuitive design
- There are issues with the site blocking button being obtrusive or inconsistently displayed
- Interface and usability improvements needed
- Regular expression support is a strong feature
- Inconsistencies and bugs with blocking functionality
Gossip Site Blocker is very risky to use and it requires a lot of sensitive permissions. Avoid installing this add-on unless you absolutely trust this publisher.
Gossip Site Blocker is probably trust-worthy. Prefer other publishers if available. Exercise caution when installing this add-on.