Automatically generates per-site passwords if you prefix your password with @@ or F2. Alternate version to original PwdHash add-on to fix issues in Firefox 66 and onwards, added optional more secure hashing algorithm and highlight password field.
What is PwdHash2?
PwdHash2 is a Firefox add-on by GWu. This add-on has 87 daily active users and a perfect 5.0 rating. The latest version, 1.0.1, was updated 3 years ago.
Rating: 5.00 (5)
Version: 1.0.1 (Last updated: 2019-12-08)
Creation date: 2019-04-22
Weekly download count: NaN
Firefox on Android: No
Manifest version: 2
Risk impact: High risk impact
Risk likelihood: Low risk likelihood
Found a bug?
Other rankings#17 in algorithm keyword #208 in trash keyword
Hashed passwords can also be generated at https://gwuk.github.io/PwdHash2/ Development: https://github.com/GWuk/PwdHash2
- Fixed defunct original version, caused by changes in Firefox 66.0.2 keypress event handling
- Highlight password field, if active
- Added option to change the hash algorithm from HMAC-MD5 to PBKDF2-SHA256 ( based on PwdHash-PoC )
- Added option to store a user-specified salt and iteration count.
- Added option to use legacy (Stanford PwdHash) mode by Shift-F2 or in the options
PwdHash2 requires a number of risky permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install PwdHash2 if you trust the publisher.
Subscribe to the premium plan to see more risk analysis details
PwdHash2 has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.
Thanks for updating the original to newer Firefox versions, however you did it.