Open web pages in Text Only mode using the services offered by Textise, via button (Desktop) or menu (Firefox for Android).
What is Textise-it?
"Textise-it" is a handy Firefox addon that enhances your browsing experience by offering a text-only mode. It eliminates images and ads for a focused reading environment. This feature is particularly useful on devices with low RAM. It accommodates both Desktop and Android devices. Users can either directly select a link for a text-only version or convert the current page into a text-only layout using the 'Textise-it' button.
This addon allows to access web pages on text only mode, so you can read it's content without loading pictures, neither annoying ads, saving data, very useful for devices with low RAM, works on private mode too. Now works for Desktop and Android.
You have two options to open your link with Textise: First option is selecting a link until context menu appears, then tap "Textise it" button and the link will open in a new tab. Second option is to turn current page into text only version, you have to tap Firefox menu button and choose "Textise it", this button also allows to reload the web page in normal mode.
Enjoy surfing the web using Textise-it.
Legacy addon, versions lower than 0.9.0: You have two options to open your link with Textise: First option is selecting a link until context menu appears, then tap "Textise it" button and the link will open in a new tab. Second option is to turn current page into text only version, you have to tap Firefox menu button and choose "Textise it", this button also allows to reload the web page in normal mode.
User reviews summary
- Works well most of the time and helps make annoying websites more readable
- Offers option to customize text and background color
- Allows bypassing of paywalls on some news sites
- Compatible with Firefox's latest version
- Can work on Waterfox and Firefox in Samsung Android 7.1.1
- Does not offer a code-based solution to block images and relies on a website instead
- Doesn't allow right-click options on URLs
- Uses an external service for text mode, redirecting browser to an outside address
- Can inject unwanted code into forum posts
- Pages are not text-based by default, requires clicking the TI button
- Relies on an external service, textise.net
- Works well for most usage scenarios
- Bypass paywalls
Textise-it is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install Textise-it if you trust the publisher.
Textise-it has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.