The best person to send you links matching your interests is a time-traveling version of yourself: set a periodicity when you bookmark a URL, and the tab will re-open in the future, be it an hour, a day, a month, a year, or a decade!
What is Time Capsule?
Time Capsule is a Firefox add-on that lets you bookmark a tab and program it to re-open in the future. Send links to your future self by setting the re-opening time period to your preference.
The best person to send you links matching your interests is a time traveling version of yourself: create a time capsule by choosing when the current tab should be re-opened; this will bookmark the current tab, and program to re-open it in the future, according to the choosen periodicity, be it an hour, a day, a month, a year, a decade!
It will then re-open at this periodicity until the end of times. Or until you un-bookmark it.
Why would I need this?
- Do you have a bookmark folder with 10,000 things-you-should-absolutely-keep-in-mind but never actually re-open once bookmarked? Now, if you don't come back to those things, those things come back to you!
- Works very well when learning a new subject: you open many links which for most don't make sense now, but would probably make sense in a few months. (that worked awesome for me when learning web development).
- Works very well as a memo/alarm mechanism: "Now isn't the time to deal with [enter the task on which you plan to procrastinate], but I got to see this page in X hours/days/etc."
- In some ways, the logo may look like a bow tie. Bow ties are cool.
- Super customizable periodicity: if the offered buttons aren't enough, click on the popup (to get focus on it) and start typing the precise number of a time unit you want.
- Integrated with the browser bookmarks, which gives numerous advantages:
- Pages you bookmark this way will show up when you're searching a page (if you activated bookmark suggestion)
- All your time capsules are grouped in a folder in your bookmarks, which makes them easy to browse/search
- Easy to export/import: simply import export your bookmarks and your time capsules will come along!
- It's libre/open source
- Built with the latest WebExtension standard: shouldn't break until next decade addon revolution
- Comes with (poor) time-traveling jokes
Sending links to your past self isn't possible yet, but could come in a future version. It might be a premium feature reserved to generous donators.
Advices to keep it sane
Time Capsule may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing.
Time Capsule is probably trust-worthy. Prefer other publishers if available. Exercise caution when installing this add-on.