User-Agent Switcher and Manager
Spoof websites trying to gather information about your web navigation—like your browser type and operating system—to deliver distinct content you may not want.
What is User-Agent Switcher and Manager?
'User-Agent Switcher and Manager' is a Firefox extension that facilitates privacy and customization of user experience. It allows you to alter your browser's 'user-agent' string, making it difficult for websites to gather specifics about your browsing setup. This tool is particularly handy for controlling the content that websites deliver to you, based on your apparent operating system or device type. From accelerating loading speeds by indicating a mobile device, to improving privacy by randomizing your user-agent string, this add-on is a powerful tool for modern internet users.
Usage example: You can alter your user-agent string to indicate you’re on a mobile device if you prefer seeing mobile versions of sites so they load quicker.
This extension allows you to spoof your browser "user-agent" string to a custom designation, making it impossible for websites to know specific details about your browsing arrangement.
- You can easily set custom "user-agent" strings from the toolbar popup
- The extension uses a two-factor technique to mimic your default "user-agent" string, which is the most reliable method
- The extension does not use any resources when it is not spoofing the user-agent
- The extension enables user-agent spoofing on specific domains only; it is conversely possible to exclude certain domains from spoofing. Check the Options page for more info.
User reviews summary
- Works for websites that only claim to work in Chrome
- Allows easy browser change presentation
- Has white and black lists as well as a list of domains where the UA should never be spoofed
- Does not work on Firefox 117.0
- May reveal your ID as being faked by the http software
- Floods with ads
- CPU intensive
- Does not work browser wide
- Has domains in the list where UA is not spoofed
- Issues with ads
- Has issues working on certain versions of Firefox
- Heavy CPU usage
- Privacy concerns
User-Agent Switcher and Manager is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install User-Agent Switcher and Manager if you trust the publisher.
User-Agent Switcher and Manager has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.